64 Acre Master Planning Church Project Underway
EV Studio has recently been hired by the Christian House of Prayer to provide master site planning services at their 64 acre site in Killeen, Texas. The site is currently home to "The Cathedral of Central Texas".
The cathedral will continue to be the focus of the site and act as the cornerstone of the new campus. The objective of the master planning process will be to arrange the supporting buildings and additional facilities in a logical, complimentary fashion while paying close attention to topographical considerations. Our goal is to design a campus that will maximize the use of the site while having a minimal impact on the existing natural features.
The master plan for the campus will include identifying locations for a 10,000 square foot Lecture Hall, a 25,000 square foot Convention Center, 40,000 square feet of commercial facilities, a 24 unit Multi-Family facility, and a 5-6 acre cemetery with all necessary supporting infrastructure. New Urbanism planning strategies will greatly influence the design of this project.
The on-site storm water detention requirements for the entire development will be designed to be held in a single pond that will be surrounded with green space and walking trails. Water from the pond will be re-used for irrigation of adjacent prayer gardens. Other examples of sustainable site design will be incorporated into the development as opportunities present themselves during the design process.
Upon the final approval of the master site plan, EV Studio will immediately begin the design of the 10,000 square foot Lecture Hall. This facility will provide the much needed space for the very popular Bible Study courses offered by the Christian House of Prayer. This will be a state of the art building with amenities paralleling those of nearby colleges and universities.
The EV Studio Civil Engineering Department will work directly with our Planners and Architects to insure the best possible solutions to the numerous challenges that await us on this project. We will continue to share our experiences on this project through many future posts and articles.Related Articles:
- LEED Project Team Formation is an Important First Step in any LEED Certification Project
- EVstudio is Awarded New Italian Restaurant Project in Copperas Cove, Texas
- When Should You Contact an Architect? What Phases of Your Project Can an Architect Help With?
- Our EVstudio Texas Office is Now Open and Providing Architecture and Planning Services in Central Texas
- EVstudio Selected for LEED Project in Killeen, Texas
- Schematic Design for Addition to Baptist Church in Arvada
- Latest Hand Rendering for Mountain Modern Project
- Rectory Design for St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Denver
Tagged as: Architect, church, Community Center, Design, engineer, EVstudio, master planning, Religious, Sustainable, Texas