Colorado Architecture Month – April 2011
EVstudio and the American Institute of Architects (AIA) Colorado Chapter are now gearing up for the festivities to take place across the state during this year's Colorado Architecture Month in April! Architecture Month celebrates Colorado architecture and design and includes a number of great free events hosted by AIA Colorado. This year's events include:
- Delicious Designs - Celebrating architecture through dessert! Each of the Colorado AIA Chapters has entered the competition with a dessert specially created through collaboration between local restaurants & their chefs and local architecture firms. Each dessert is based on local landmarks and they all look amazing and delicious!
- YAAG - The Young Architects Awards Gala honors the talented emerging professionals in the architectural community and includes awards in ten categories to interns and young architects that have been nominated by their firms.
- Doors Open Denver offers a series of expert and self-guided tours through some of Denver's best architecture. The event is co-sponsored by the Denver Office of Cultural Affairs and this year's theme is "Modern Architecture: 50's and Beyond".
- Film Screenings celebrating films about architects and architecture are being presented across the state in Steamboat Springs, Grand Junction, Aspen & Frisco and include the following films:
- "Santiago Calatrava's Travels" - Eleanor Center for the Arts at the Depot Art Center, Steamboat Springs - April 8, 5:30-8pm
- "Citizen Architect: Samuel Mockbee and the Spirit of the Rural Studio" - Art Center, Grand Junction - April 9 , 2-4pm
- "Infinite Space: The Architecture of John Lautner" - Wheeler Opera House, Aspen - April 18, 6pm
- "Citizen Architect: Samuel Mockbee and the Spirit of the Rural Studio" - Mt. Royal Room at the County Commons Building, Frisco - April 20, 5:15 - 8pm
- "Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman" - Wheeler Opera House, Aspen - April 28, 6pm
- Box City Events - AIA Colorado is offering three of the very popular Box City Events this year including Denver, Ft. Collins and Colorado Springs. These events help children appreciate and understand architecture, urban planning, design, construction and creative thinking! The kids participating in these events create their very own cities out of cardboard, paint and other supplies and will fully participate in the process of design & construction, even including those all important steps like permitting!!!
- 2010 Colorado Architecture Month
- EVstudio and Colorado Architecture Month – Events Where You'll Find Us
- Colorado Architecture Month Calendar
- Sean O'Hara "How To Work With An Architect" Lecture During Denver Architecture Month
- 2011 Saving Places Conference for Historic Preservation in Colorado
- AIA Denver Design Awards 2009
- Colorado Wins Third Place in National Natural Talent Design Competition!
- EVstudio.info is the Top Architecture Blog in Colorado
Leave a Response