Construction Cost per Square Foot for a Post Office
We study the cost of construction rather closely for a wide variety of projects types that we are familiar with. This article specifically focuses on Post Offices. As is the case for most building types, there is a wide range of construction cost per square foot based on the location of the project. Higher density locations can run considerably higher than less dense settings and local economies always drive labor costs and even some materials costs. Below is a chart, courtesy of RSMeans, the industry leader in construction cost estimating.
Post Offices are no different when it comes to this huge variance in pricing. New York City has the highest average cost per square foot at $174.06, where Winston-Salem just edges over $100 per square foot. The median average cost per square foot is just over $130. Understanding the index for cost per square foot for your project is critically important to defining the overall scope and budget during the pre-design phase of the project. If you need any help getting started in this process, give us a call and we would be happy to help.Related Articles:
- Price Per Square Foot Construction Cost for Medical Office Buildings
- Cost per Square Foot of Construction for Institutional Buildings
- Construction Cost per Square Foot of Community Centers in Major US Cities
- Cost per Square Foot of Commercial Construction by Region
- Cost Per Square Foot of Educational Facilities by Region
- How Much Does a Hydraulic 2-Stop Elevator Cost?
- How Much Does it Cost to Build a Home?
- Construction Costs Back On The Rise
Leave a Response