Egress Windows Swinging In – Acceptable in Building Code
The International Building and Residential Codes do not specify that egress windows have to swing out. The codes only specify the opening size and location required for the window. In fact, with the European tilt and turn window, they only open in.
I received this question from a reader of the blog, if you have any, please email them to me.Related Articles:
- Egress Windows and Emergency Escape
- Windows Close to the Floor
- Common Egress Window Sizes and Operation
- Denver Building Code is changing
- When Do You Need More Than One Door? – Spaces That Require More Than One Means of Egress
- Temperature Control in Buildings – What is the Minimum Heat Level Required in the Building Code?
- Change of Occupancy in the International Building Code
- 2009 International Residential Code Changes Will Affect Your Budget
Leave a Response