Implementation Date for 2010 ADA Standards
We've begun to see the 2010 ADA (American's with Disabilities Act) Standards brought up on new construction projects. Like many codes the date in the title is not necessarily the date where it begins to apply. Given that commercial projects tend to takes month and sometimes years to construct, the long lead times help.
For the 2010 Standards the code applies to any projects where the start date of construction is on or after March 15, 2012. Before that date the 1991 Standards without the elevator exemption , the UFAS or the 2010 Standards can be used where the start of construction commences on or after September 15, 2010.
If projects can't start construction with a month or more of leeway, its advisable to go ahead and start using the 2010 ADA.Related Articles:
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design – ADA Design Manual 1994
- Archived Historic Denver Building Codes
- Potential Revisions to the Timeline for Adoption of the New Denver Zoning Code
- Good News for Denver Home Prices
- Denver Passes the New Zoning Code
- Killeen Landscape Frontage Standards
- Fire Extinguisher Requirements During Construction
Leave a Response