McDwiff is an Option for Opening DWF Files on a Macintosh
We make use of the DWF file format for sending drawings to clients for review or print shops to print. It is a significantly better format for sending drawings than PDF. Not only are the files a fraction of the size, but they are also easier to create. In addition, the DWF format gives our clients the ability to measure and to make notes or mark-ups that they send back to us.
The one glitch has been that it was not readily available for Mac users. There is a solution through third party software, McDwiff. It is a free download for private users and $39 for commercial users.
If you have a PC, you can download the Autodesk version.
Dean talks a little more about the DWF format.Related Articles:
- .DWF an Excellent Format for CAD Drawing Review
- EVstudio is Upgrading to AutoCAD Architecture 2009 and Revit Architecture 2009 – Why Support Both?
- Which came first, the architect or the contractor?
- Revit Structure
- Can You Make Your Countertops Deeper Than 24"? – An Option For People With Clutter
1 Responses »
- .DWF an Excellent Format for CAD Drawing Review « EVstudio Architecture, Engineering & Planning | Blog | Denver & Evergreen | Colorado & Texas Architect
Leave a Response