Pueblo Care and Rehabilitation Center Landscape and Site Planning
EV Studio recently finalized and submitted construction document drawings for the Pueblo Care & Rehabilitation Center in Pueblo, Colorado. The project is a retrofit to a building and site originally constructed in 1962 in South Pueblo. The primary focus of the project for the client is to make major structural and functional updates to the interiors of the building. Currently the building endures settling and flooding. The flooding issue is caused by poor drainage in the courtyards of the Care Center.
Along with the civil engineers of EV Studio, we managed the storm water with infiltration areas in the courtyards where rainwater is utilized to supplement the landscape rather than the typical solution of piping the water off-site as soon as possible. Another key feature of the renovation is the new Therapy Wing on the southwest side of the building. The therapy wing is envisioned to be an outpatient facility for the city of Pueblo as well as the residents of the Care Center. Accompanying the therapy wing, a therapy garden is incorporated into the landscape. The therapy garden features a wide variety of plant material providing year round landscape interest to the sense of its users. Multiple walking surfaces are planned to be a part of the therapy treatment. Conventional concrete is complimented by brick paver bands, a brick paver seating area and breeze walking surface through the plant material.
- EVstudio Designing Long Term Care Facility in Pueblo Colorado as Architect and Engineer
- Therapy/Healing Gardens
- Pueblo Landscape Standards: Important Requirements for Landscape Architects in Pueblo
- Landscape Architecture available from EVstudio in Colorado
- HOA Landscape Retrofit – Spacing for Planting
- 64 Acre Master Planning Church Project Underway
- Landscape Edging: Which Type is Most Applicable for My Landscape?
- Repowering Southern Colorado Expo at Colorado State University Pueblo
1 Responses »
Leave a Response