Renovation for the English Language Center at the University of Denver
We recently completed designs for renovating the English Language Center at the University of Denver. The Center has outgrown its current space on Campus and will be moving into a 5,000 sf space at Centennial Towers. The space will be used by the English Language Center during the day, and will provide classrooms for the University College in the evenings.
The English Language Center is a collegiate ESL preparation program that supports the language needs of matriculated international students at the University of Denver. The Center provides short-term language and culture programs and faculty training in response to requests of University departments, community groups, and international constituents.
The renovation is taking place in what was originally the catering kitchen for Centennial Towers. The new space will provide seven large classrooms, a computer lab, and student lounge and kitchen. The new ELC space will connect to the University Events Department, which was another renovation project EVstudio worked on back in 2008. Construction is expected to be complete for the Fall 2011 Semester.Related Articles:
- University of Denver Boettcher Center Auditorium Ceiling Renovation
- EVstudio Is Designing Even More Education Projects at the University of Denver
- Renovation for the University of Denver Graduate School of Professional Psychology
- University of Denver Boettcher Center Auditorium – Where the Ceiling meets the Wall
- EVstudio Selected as Architect of Record for Boettcher Center Renovations at the University of Denver
- University of Denver Boettcher Center Auditorium Interior Deconstruction
- University of Denver Boettcher Center – The East Building
- Construction begins on University of Denver Boettcher Auditorium
Leave a Response