Saving Places Conference: Historic Preservation & Sustainability
Elicia Ratajczyk, LEED-AP, from EVstudio Evergreen attended the Saving Places Conference in Denver last week. The annual historic preservation focused conference is hosted every year by Colorado Preservation Inc. The theme of this years conference was Historic Preservation and Sustainability. The conference was well attended by various members of the historic preservation community including such federal entities as the GSA (General Services Administration), the NPS (National Park Service) and the NFS (National Forest Service). In addition, there were members of many jurisdictions throughout Colorado and the West present at the conference, both as attendees and distinguished speakers. The keynote speakers for the conference highlight the significance of these issues in architecture today and included the President of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Richard Moe, Director of Sustainable Design for Quinn Evans Architects, Carl Elefante, AIA, LEED-AP and Principal of Walter Sedovic Architects, Walter Sedovic, FAIA, LEED-AP.
Among the many highlights of this years conference were the unveiling of HistoriCorps which EVstudio has had the pleasure of working with recently. HistoriCorps is a new non-profit organization in Colorado formed in collaboration between the USDA Forest Service, Colorado Preservation Inc. and Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado. In addition, the national film premier took place for the movie titled "Denver Union Station: Portal to Progress". The film highlights the history and future plans for the famous landmark located in Denver's LoDo neighborhood. Look for the television premier of the documentary on the Rocky Mountain PBS stations (Channels 6 & 12) in the coming year.Related Articles:
- Historic Preservation and Sustainability – One Strategy Contributing to Both Goals
- EV Studio to work with HistoriCorps
- Elicia Ratajczyk Promoted to Associate with EVstudio Architecture
- Colorado Wins Third Place in National Natural Talent Design Competition!
- EVstudio Will Be At Housing Colorado Now! Conference
- Evergreen’s Alliance for Sustainability – Jon Turk Presentation
- Lariat Loop Designated National Scenic and Historic Byway
- Sean O’Hara Honored with AIA Denver Award
Leave a Response